The next lesson in my CQ class was to practice using our stitching templates. The templates are stitch guides for several stitches. I printed mine on overlay plastic. Then came the tedious part of punching out where the dots would be to guide my stitches. I found that with the limited vision I have in my left eye I couldn't focus well enough to use the small hold punch I bought. So out came the large pins and I punched them all out. It was a tedious job, but well worth it. I had a little trouble figuring out how to translate the dots on my cloth to a feather stitch or a herringbone stitch, but once it got it started it was great. I'm definitely sold.
The big herringbone is a little wonkey - until I figured out the template is for a double herringbone. But I liked the weird slant so I left it there.
The uneven blanket stitch is really uneven
. but all in all, the templates were great.
Your work payed off. I agree the punching out of the holes was the hardest part, but well worth it.
ReplyDeleteLOL. Your herringbone looked exactly like mine did. I knew that was not how they were supposed to look, so with much trying to figure out. I too finally realized it was for a double. And corrected it. Does make a interesting slanted stitch.
The uneven blanket stitch will improve with time. I am still having to do and undo to get my bottom line straight. Tension on the thread seems to get me a bunch. Finicky little stitch.
Your moving right along in the class. Great job. It is so fun. Glad to have you:)
Ann Flowers
flowerscrazyq@gmail.com