I had the opportunity to take a class with
Betty Pillsbury a couple of weeks ago at
Designer's Desk in Geneva, IL. She is a wonderful teacher. I just brought muslin with me instead of a block. I always agonize over what to put in any seam treatment. After 2 days with Betty I have much more confidence. She was also very generous in sharing her stash. I didn't have all the right supplies with me and she was quick to share. These pictures are just what I was able to get done during class, but I'm going to expand on them greatly. My only regret was that I was unable to make the first day as well.
This was wired ribbon scrunched up and tacked down. And the feather stitches were actually done with no marking. That is definitely a new one for me.
This is the SRE. I had some trouble with the iris, but I loved the delphiniums on the right. I'll definitely use those in the future.
This was a piece of velvet ribbon covered with herringbone stitches and bugle beads - a few french knots to finish it off.
Feather stitch with BEADS!!! How cool is that?
All this is just some of what we did. Bottom line, don't miss a chance to take a course with Betty.
Very cool! Good job Cynthia!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful work Cynthia. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteIt is beautiful cynthia:-)
ReplyDelete