I keep a journal of all the quilts I make and the most important section in that journal is "Lessons Learned". That section is longer for this quilt than any other I've made. But I really enjoyed doing it.
The colors were hard to capture. I've posted 2 pictures of the front - one in sun and one in shade.
The top one was taken more in the shade, and the bottom one in the sun. I played with them in a picture editor, which helped. Interesting what a difference it makes.
The back has a picture of the bride and groom in the middle. The squares around the picture are pieces of cloth that I brought to the wedding for guests to sign.




BEAUTIFUL !!! They will be so happy I am sure!
ReplyDeleteLove it! Stunning! And the back is the most creative back I've seen in a long while...what a great idea!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on finishing it!!
Kathy
Just beautiful Cynthia! Your piecing is phenomenal. Was this paper-pieced? I'm sure the recipients will LOVE it.
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous quilt. It was totally worth the time with such a lovely piece. I too think the back is so creative!! What a treasure you made them!!
ReplyDeleteGreat job!
Ann Flowers
flowerscrazyq@gmail.com
Thank you so much for your comments. I'm taking it to my friends tonight.
ReplyDeleteMy husband will be pleased as well because I will now be spending more time on his quilt .
I just saw the wedding quilt you made. Beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteCan you tell me how the picture was transferred to fabric I really want to try making pictures.
Thanks
JeanneZ
Hi Cynthia, I didn't know where to find your addy so I will answer you here, hope that's alright. The preview of my magazine on MagCloud doesn't enlarge. It is very crisp and clear when downloaded. Many ladies who bought it already told me it was very clear. I hope this answers your question. Thanks for inquiring.
ReplyDeletePat
Cynthia, the quilt is beautiful. I know this will always be with them. Everyone needs a friend like you. Not just because you give gifts , but because you put so much love into it. Hugs, Eileene
ReplyDeleteWow! This quilt is beyond my skills, but, not beyond yours, evidently. Great job, front and back.
ReplyDelete