Friday, January 8, 2010

Another picture

When I was in Maryland visiting my mother, I brought some of my WIPs to show her what I was working on.  She used to be a wonderful quilter until she lost most of her vision to macular degeneration, and she is very pleased that I have followed in her footsteps. 

She loved the applique project I was working on, so I doubled my efforts to finish it and sent it to her for Mother's Day.  She displays it proudly in her living room



I had always wanted to make a quilt for her, but it was like taking coals to Newcastle.  Now I could finally give her something she liked.

5 comments:

  1. Cynthia, Welcome to the blog world. The quilt is just stunning. I wish I had that talent. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Cynthia, this is absolutely gorgeous! How proud of you your Mom must be with this beauty!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY SMOKES! This is beautiful Cynthia! I'm so glad you started a blog! Now we get to see all kinds of wonderful work from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really nice! I love applique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful color choices and stunning quilts! Love the sheltie, too. Can't wait to see more of your work.

    ReplyDelete