Since I haven't done much "fancy needlework" yet, I thought I'd post some pictures of quilts I finishd this year.
This is the first (and probably only) full sized bed quilt I've made. It is a trip around the world. There was an interesting history to this. I had wanted to make my mother-in-law a quilt but couldn't decide on a pattern. She visited Amelia Airhardt's home on a vacation and saw the type of quilt she wanted. She tried to describe it to me, but I just didn't understand. I called the museum to ask about their quilts and they were kind enough to take pictures of the 2 quilts they had and send them to me. Of course, as soon as I saw the picture I knew Mom wanted a trip around the world. I was a little disappointed because I wanted to do something fancier (like a lone star), but I also want to do what she would like. I took her to all the fabric stores in our area and let her pick out the fabrics she liked. My husband, Ken is the color artist in the family so he helped me lay everything out. Then came many hours (days, months) of sewing and ripping and sewing and ripping until I got the top done. Then we had to decide on a backing. We were on a vacation in Maryland and stopped at a quilt stor in Annapolis. Our dog, Corda, came in with us. After we wandered the store looking for the right fabric, Corda pulled us into a side room and that's where we found exactly what we wanted.
Hon, you did a great job on your first quilt. Now you need to make you and hubby one.
ReplyDeleteSimply gorgeous!!! I would proudly display either your bedspread or your mother's piece..Your work is out of this world!!!!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Skye! Absolutely beautiful! I don't mind waiting for one. :) (j/k!)
ReplyDeleteI love the colors you picked -- it's a lovely quilt!
ReplyDeleteSuch a beauty!! Our hubby's share the same name! Isn't that cool?? LOL Congrats on your new blog!
ReplyDeletefound your blog through another blog. Anyhow I really like this quilt. This quilt is on my to do list of one day I will get to do.
ReplyDelete