Sunday, January 10, 2010

Finally - my first CQ block

Members of the Stitchmap group are making a CQ wedding quilt to replace a quilt lost in a fire.  I kicked myself when I first volunteered - I didn't think I could even begin to produce a block that would live up to the other members of the group.  However, as usual, they encouraged me to try. 

It didn't start well as I wrecked the first block they sent me by using an iron that was too hot (I'm not used to working with those fancy fabrics).  Lyn kindly made me another block and sent it to me.  By then I was afraid to touch it.  However I finally got myself to do it - and found it was a lot of fun.

Now that I've gotten past the first one, I'm going to try to do more.


5 comments:

  1. Lovely block! Reckon I must finish up mine too! And get it in the mail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your block looks great! I love the colors, my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome block!!! I can't wait to see it in person! Lyn G

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely block. Love the peacock you put on the block.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your block - you are doing great work. I keep seeing your name on the StitchMap site and have to take a double look since my name is Cynthia also! Hope we get a chance to take some classes together!

    ReplyDelete